Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where to Find Time for Creative Work (a mother’s experience) - 2. Continuation

How to become more organized? How to have time for everything if you care for a little baby? Where to find time for everything besides household chores? Several ideas from a mother of a 1-year-old tot. (Continuation. The beginning is here.)

Feasible Tasks with a Floating Date

The best way for me to secure the accomplishment of some task is to set a deadline. It can be next week or the following weekend, or the two hours when my hubby or mother are ready to spend time with our son.

But if I failed to fulfill what I started doing during that time, I am glad that at least a part of it is done :) (after all, I am an extremely busy mother :) ). In such a way, an arrival of the baby freed me from the illusion that I should have time to do tons of things and accomplish everything quickly. Now I just enjoy the process not worrying that the process can be dragged out :) . As a result, I manage to do more!

To do more not getting tired it is also useful:

  • to divide large work into many parts;
  • to work for 10-20 mins (or until you are tired) at some task and then move to another one;
  • to do what your soul desires (a certain part of large work) at each certain moment;
  • to try to restrain your perfectionism, i.e. to enjoy any, even the tiniest, results and not to long for reaching an unreachable ideal.

Not the most favourite activity of mine, to tell you the truth...*

Not the most favourite activity, to tell you the truth…

«To Turn the World Upside Down»

One more secret of high productivity and good mood is to always do only Read the rest of this entry »

Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment