Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back to the Past or Mother’s Diary for Her Daughter

Starting from the age of 7, I used to look through the album with the pictures of me as a baby and my "sayings" which my mother had made. I studied how I had been changing while growing, how "wise" my comments were when I was 3,4,5 years old. I remember the album to make me joyous when I was not allowed to leave my bed because of a cold or flu:

"A TV set is working in a dark room.
- Mummy, I like this light so much. And I can say that this light is state*!"
(4 yrs. old)

* "state" here means "belongs to the state"

"-Mummy, let's start keeping a dog.
- When we have a bigger apartment, then we will get ourselves a dog.
- When I am a grown-up, let's start keeping a dog?
- OK!
- What is OK, mummy?
- We'll start keeping.
- Who will we start keeping?"
(4 yrs.old)

«-Anastasia, how long will it continue?**
- I do not know. Think yourself, long or not.
- And what do you think?
- I do not think. I have a day-off».
(5 yrs. old)

** about my misbehaviour

When a daughter arrived in our family, I wanted to make something similar for her.

Back to the past

And at that time, Natalie, whose son Arseny was born only 3 months before our Soniya, suggested an idea. She turned out to have bought a thick writing pad and to be writing down some notes about the development of their baby by hand there. And, the main thing, she was drawing sketches there. Moreover, she also had photos and video. It was she who told me about scrapbooking.

But my approach to making the book differed from Natalie's one. I decided Read the rest of this entry »

Del.icio.us : , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment