Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where to Find Time for Creative Work? (a young mother’s experience)

The baby has arrived and… the world almost turned upside down! Sometimes you don't have time for brushing your teeth and eating. Do-it-yourself things - what are you talking about!

Strange it may seem but after the birth of our daughter my desire for creative work even doubled!

Someone may say that if the baby is calm then why not make art and create things? I would not say that our daughter was very calm. During the first six months of her life, Sonya slept 4-5 times a day for only 30 minutes and she asked for milk every 1,5 hour during the night. What I really can say is that she has always been a cheerful child! And cheerfulness comes to the baby when his mother is cheerful and in harmony with herself and the world around. Moreover, not having his own life experience, each baby is developing through imitating and the first person he imitates is his mum.

So, where a mum can find time?

Set the Rythm

When I was a teenager, my parents, in addition to the secondary school, signed me up for music school, art school and a swimming pool - quite a rich variety of activities which was widened by mountain skiing at weekends. I remember quite clearly that between the last lesson at school and the solfeggio at the music school I had only half an hour. And it was enough for me to drop in at home (not by car but on foot!) to have dinner and change my books and run into the music class on time (sometimes I even managed to eat an ice-cream on the way to the music school). In a word, I had time for everything. And when I had graduated from the music school and stopped visiting the swimming pool and the art school, I felt I had less time "for myself". The secret Read the rest of this entry »

Technorati : , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment